Sunday, April 14, 2013

Simple baked cheesecake


I felt like I had almost dumped my blog after months of no new updates. Whilst I did and still do cook, I have sort of lost the motivation to blog (not the first time I know!). Fortunately, the cheesecake that I baked a couple weeks ago was just too scrumptious that almost everyone who tasted it asked me for a copy of the recipe. And so here I am, back to blogging! YIPPEE! In fact, at this very moment I have oxtail braising in red wine on my stove top and pie crust sitting in my fridge before I make some yummy apple pies later. Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy this simple yet so lovely recipe. 



*I used the 9'' brownie pan to bake this cheesecake so if you were using a smaller pan you should really adjust the ingredients a bit.*
*The pack of wafers that I used, as shown in the photos, was from the Polish food section in Tesco.






Ingredients:

240g Chocolate wafers or other flavours of your choice
80g Butter (softened)

300g Cream cheese 
90g Sugar
3 Eggs
200ml Whipping cream
1-2tbs Lemon juice
5 tbs Plain flour
30g Butter (melted)

Method:

1.   Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. 
2. Line the brownie pan with parchment paper. Crush wafers in a freeze/sandwich bag, add softened butter and mixed well. Firmly press the crushed wafer mixture onto the brownie pan. Make sure the wafer mixture is evenly spread out. Put in the fridge to chill.
3.   Lightly beat the egg in a bowl. In a larger bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and mix well. Add beaten egg little by little and mix well. Add whipping cream and lemon juice, mix well. Sift in flour and mix well. Finally add melted butter and mix well. The mixture should be smooth without any lumps.
4. Get the chilled brownie pan out. Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes. 
5. Once you take it out from the oven, allow it to cool down to room temperature. Then place it in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight. Cut into bars and serve. 




No comments:

Post a Comment